TRUEWAY FARMS ORGANIC PULSES
Pulses have a long, rich history. The first evidence of pulses comes from 11,000 years ago in the Middle East which was home to some of the earliest human civilizations.
Organic Pulses have been a special ingredient in the Indian's kitchen since centuries. Trueway farms Organic Pulses are healthy, nutritious and easy to cook with. Growing pulses also promotes sustainable agriculture, as pulse crops help decrease greenhouse gases, increase soil health, and use less water than other crops.
Hundreds of varieties of pulses are grown in 173 countries around the world. The most commonly used in our culture that you can easily find on truewayfarms.com includes:
- Arhar Daal
- Black Gram Split ( Urad Daal Chilka)
- Black Gram Split Washed (Urad Mogar)
- Chana Daal
- Desi Chana
- Kabuli Chana
- Masoor Whole
- Moong Daal Split (Moong Daal Chilka)
- Moong Daal Split Washed ( Moong Mogar)
- Moong Whole ( Moong Sabut)
- Rajma Chitra
And there are many more to come…
Pulses provide Protein, Dietary fibre, and numerous Vitamins and Minerals. They also contain “Phytochemicals” (plant chemicals), which may reduce the risk of certain types of cancer and other ailments. Various pulses, including lentils, dried peas, kidney beans and chickpeas, constitute an essential part of a balanced diet.
Some of the known benefits of Pulses are:
- Pulses possess antioxidant effects.
- They are good for Heart.
- They Reduce the risk of Diabetes.
- They help in controlling appetite.
- They are a rich source of folate.
- They are a Rich source of Protein.
- They act as an energy booster for our body.
- They help in optimal Brain functioning.
Pulses are also used in some special diets such as:
- Gluten-free diet: Pulses are gluten free. Therefore, people with celiac diseases can use chickpeas, lentils or peas as an ingredient in recipes.
- Vegetarian diet: Pulses contain eight essential amino acids which can be an excellent source of Protein for vegetarians.
- Diabetic diet: Consuming lentils, peas and beans can be helpful to diabetic patients as pulses help with blood glucose management.
- Weight management diet: Pulses can help to lose weight as they are high in fibre and protein, low in fat and moderate in calories.
Trueway farms organic pulses takes care of your health by providing natural, organic pulses to give you the complete nutrition directly from nature to your plate.